Followers


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why I Should Have a Birthday Party Before 13


Dear Mommy,
     I know that birthday parties can be crazy, expensive and drain a lot of my parents' energy. I also know that you want me to postpone having parties with several friends until I'm older.However, there are many reasons a birthday party before 13 years old could be appropriate for me. 
     One of the reasons I want a birthday party before thirteen is because I don't want to have to say to one friend, "Hey you get to come to my birthday!" and to the other, "I am sorry; you don't get to come".  It makes me sad to have to tell them that.    The only two friends I can think of that I would want two invite would be: Ethan Ossana and John Taylor.  I really like the idea of playing with two friends on my birthday and letting them meet each other.  These two boys are both very respectful. That  would make it easy to  keep my friends busy.
     Keeping my friends entertained wouldn't be a problem.  My friends and I would play outside the whole time.  We may come inside to get Legos or something, but we would probably take them outside to play with.  We would play safe games like: capture the flag, Nerf war, and water balloon fight.  We wouldn't play any games that were not appropriate.  The house would be peaceful if I had a birthday party.  There would be no kids bouncing off the walls. If we ate a whole bunch of sugar we could eat it at the end of the party and then send everyone home to their families.  If I was wound up to you could just send me to bed (after everyone was gone).  I might also offer to entertain my sisters half the time of the birthday party. None of our entertainment would come at a  high price.
      The party would not be very expensive.  We would play outside the entire time.  I would be willing to work within your budget.  It could end up being a little cheaper than a regular birthday activity.   It wouldn't only be cheep for you but it would be cheap for other people too!  The invitations would say not to bring a present because having fun at the party would be enough of a present for me. I would also clean up after the party, saving your time and effort. Another way I could take responsibility for the work of the party is to make my own invitations.
     I could make the invitations by myself and you wouldn't have to worry about it. The invitations would say no presents, would give strict hours for the length of the party, and would request that they bring quiet entertainment to help keep us busy.
     There are many reasons why I should have a birthday party.  I would entertain my friends the entire time,  keep the party inexpensive, keep the house peaceful, and make the invitations myself.  I hope that you agree that I should have a birthday party before thirteen.  Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Your loving son,
James

1 comment: