Followers


Friday, May 27, 2011

Our Home School Field Trip To The Coast


I went to the Oregon coast with our home school group (the Taylors, Hofens, Applegarths, and us Vaughns) and, I also went to the Tillamook cheese factory!  we even managed to camp in a yurt, but somehow I survived the climb up the stairs in the Astoria Column, and we also decided to go to Fort Clatsop.
     We went to the Tillamook cheese factory and watched Gigantic blocks of cheese turn into regular sized blocks!  I got my picture taken in the loaf love van with John Taylor and my sister Hailey.  Later at the end of the tour I sampled cheese, and it was delicious!  Our home school group ate lunch there, and their food was great.  The part that I didn't like there was that I got ran over by the loaf love van!

     Camping in a yurt was beyond awesome. it is better than camping in a tent because in a tent it gets to cold.  You don't even have to set up a yurt!  inside a yurt it has a really cool bunk bed.  The yurt even has this thing called a futon which my sister calls a crouton.
     The Astoria Column has 164 stairs.  I climbed up those stairs 3 times and went down 3 times witch would mean I climbed 984 stairs!  I even got my picture taken of myself standing about half way in the middle of the column.  I bet you would want to come if I told you it was an awesome view.  When I was standing at the top everyone looks like really small bugs!

     All those cool places made me feel great.  I sure will always wish to go back someday.  I think we all had a very good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment